Thursday, August 29, 2013
You're an earthy type – literally. Like a dwarf, you're not afraid of hard work or getting your hands dirty. You're the first to answer danger's call in the name of fortune or valor. You love adventure, though you tend to be mistrustful of others. You're strong, deft with an axe and deeply loyal to those you love.
I'm know I'm surprised. Hey, all I can say is at least the test has nothing to do with appearances!
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
What is plot?
1. A small piece of ground, generally used for burying dead people, including writers.
2. A plan, as for designing a building of novel.
I found this on the first page in a book about writing and thought it was funny. Plotting my stories is both my favorite and least favorite part about writing and some times I wish i didn't care about getting it right quite so much and could just write.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Sunday some friends and us were sitting on our front porch talking and somehow we got on the subject of crazy things to do on an elevator.
We found a list and someone read them aloud.
My stomach hurt so badly from laughing!
I thought I would share them; maybe you will laugh almost as hard as I did.
Here are the top 24 things to do on an elevator. Try them sometime when you have some spare time. ;)
1. When there's only one other person in the elevator, tap them on the
shoulder and then pretend it wasn't you.
2. Push the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. Smile, and go
back for more.
3. Ask if you can push the button for other people, but push the wrong ones.
4. Call the Psychic Hotline from your cell phone and ask if they know
what floor your on.
5. Hold the doors open and say your waiting for a friend. After a
while, let the doors close, and say, "Hey Greg. How's your day been?"
6. Drop a pen and wait until someone goes to pick it up, then scream,
7. Bring a camera and take pictures of everyone in the elevator.
8. Move your desk into the elevator and whenever anyone gets on, ask
if they have an appointment.
9. Lay down a twister mat and ask people if they would like to play.
10. Pretend you are a flight attendant and review emergency procedures
and exits with the passengers.
11. Ask, "Did you feel that?"
12. Stand really close to someone, sniffing them occasionally.
13. When the doors close, announce to the others, "It's okay, don't
panic, they open again!"
14. Swat at flies that don't exist.
15. Call out, "Group Hug!" and then enforce it.
16. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering, "Be
quite, all of you, just be quite!"
17. Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside, ask,
"Got enough air in there?"
18. Stand silently and motionless in the corner, facing the wall,
without getting off.
19. Stare at another passenger for a while, then announce in horror,
"Your one of THEM!" and back away slowly.
20. Wear a puppet on your hand and use it to talk to the other passengers.
21. Listen to the elevator walls with your stethoscope.
22. Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button
23. Grinning, stare at another passenger for a while, and then
announce, "I have new socks on."
24. Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the
other passengers, "This is my personal space!"
Monday, August 19, 2013
Friday, August 16, 2013
“Reader's Bill of Rights
1. The right to not read
2. The right to skip pages
3. The right to not finish
4. The right to reread
5. The right to read anything
6. The right to escapism
7. The right to read anywhere
8. The right to browse
9. The right to read out loud
10. The right to not defend your tastes”
Thursday, August 15, 2013
I am definitely going to do some of these one day! I put all the ones I'm going to try in bold and the ones I wish I was brave enough to try in italics.
1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a
Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.
2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.
3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries
4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It 'In.'
5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks Once Everyone has Gotten Over
Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.
6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write ' For Smuggling Diamonds'
7. Finish All Your sentences with 'In Accordance With The Prophecy.'
8 . Don't use any punctuation
9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk. (I already do this one a lot and it gets laughs out of a lot of friends!)
10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go.'
12. Sing Along At The Opera.
13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme?
14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds
15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party
Because You're Not In The Mood.
16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rocky.
17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream 'I Won!, I Won!'
18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling
'Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!'
19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. 'Due To The Economy, We Are Going To
Have To Let One Of You Go.'
20. Ask people what color their shirt is.
21. Call 911 and ask if 911 is for emergencies (please don't try this one
22. Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Wear
them one day after your boss does.
23. Call the psychic hotline and just say, "Guess".
Saturday, August 10, 2013
This is what I see on the day of the film festival...
Lots of smiles!
Free time to work on my book, (I get snuck up on by friends!)
A lot of people I know and a lot of people I had never seen before in my life!
Jess and Dad working on a lot of things with a lot of wires.
And of course Michael being absolutely adorable!