Friday, March 29, 2013

The Snowflake Man

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Wilson_Alwyn_Bentley_snima_emulzi_ze_sklenene_desky.jpg 

"Perhaps no natural phenomenon occurring upon the earth is more of an object lesson, or portrays more fully both the power and majesty, and the gentleness of the Creator, than does a wide spread snowstorm."

~Wilson Bentley~

 

File:Wilson A. Bentley snowflake, 1890.jpg


I like to call him The Snowflake Man. I just read about Wilson Bentley in school and I really liked him. 

I'll give you the 'text' vision of his life so you can be smarter today than you were yesterday and you still want get bored with me. (Unless you already know about him in which case.... I'm glad for you!)



http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/SnowflakesWilsonBentley.jpg  1. At 15 Wilson Bentley's mother gave him an old microscope. 

  2. On his 17th birthday his family gave him a camera. (At the time the camera could only be bought with an entire year's pay for a farmer and his father was a farmer. I think it sounds like Wilson had a really sweet Dad. Just like me!)

  3. When he was 19 Wilson became the first person to photograph a snowflake. 

  4. In an article he wrote Wilson Bentley declared his belief that no two snowflakes were the same. 

  5. Before his death he published his book "Snow Crystals" and it is still in print today.





Well Bye,
 ®achel

No comments: